Sunday, October 4, 2009

They call it practice for a reason

I'm continuing to practice. Continuing to experience the ups and downs of the hot room. I'm getting better at experiencing ups and downs in the hot room but still not so good at experiencing them in life! Some of my postures are getting better, I tried 6am yoga for the first time (it's awesome by the way and deserves a full post of its own!), and I got a new Breathe yoga mat/towel combination which kicks major ass. Life is hard though. I'm looking for a job, trying to figure out if I want to stay in my field, trying to push myself to explore some new exciting (but scary) opportunities.
Who knows what's around the corner? I don't but there is part of me that has been dragging my feet instead of running ahead.
Ok, for the next post I promise more yoga, less rambling about life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yoga therapy


Yoga holds that a person’s health condition depends on himself. It lays emphasis on physical, mental and emotional balance

and development of a sense of harmony with all of life. There’s nothing mystical about it.Nor is it external. Rather it is an

inner faculty. Yoga endeavors to re-establish inner balance through a variety of ways, ranging from the gross to the subtle.

Which is why it is considered a holistic art.Rather than prescribe treatments, yoga therapy encourages awareness. Through

age-old yogic techniques, we get to know ourselves better.From that knowledge, comes the ability to more easily accept and

adapt to change, resulting in enhanced well-being in body, mind, heart and spirit. Hence its applicability to almost all

chronic conditions.

What approach does yoga therapy take?

Contrary to modern medical science that tries to identify the pathogenic factor (be it a toxic substance, a micro-organism,

or metabolic disorder) then eliminate it, Yoga takes a totally different point of view. It holds that if a person is sick

there must be a deeper reason behind it – that illness doesn’t arise by chance. It is the result of an imbalance, a

disruption in the body-mind complex that creates the condition. Here the symptoms, the pathogenic factors, are not the issue.

Yoga believes that the root cause lies somewhere else.