Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Get your money's worth

For the most part, I like my studio, but it's not the most welcoming place in the world. It doesn't really feel like a community. There's not a lot of conversation between the instructors and the students. But today before class, I decided to ignore that fact and I went to talk to the instructor to get more info on how to get down to my elbows in fixed firm. I told her that I got my butt down on my mat for the first time ever yesterday. She explained what to do - I had apparently been oblivious to the part of the instructions that talked about putting your hands on your feet. So during class, I got down to my elbows! Yay!
Long story short - the instructors are there to help and even if they are standoff-ish, go up to them and ask questions when they aren't busy. You're paying for the class and you're showing up so you might as well get your money's worth!

No comments: