Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10! 1/3!

We're well on our way - now into the double digits! I can't exactly say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel... but there has definitely been progress made. I'm starting to get used to the ups and downs - every class is different, some of the postures that were easy yesterday were hard today and vice versa.
In food/hydration news, I've been eating salad for lunch pretty much every day and it's working out well for me. When I was traveling for work last month, I ended up at a fantastic custom salad place in Denver. Since returning to Seattle, I've been looking for the same thing. I found something near my work which isn't as good as the Denver salad place, but it's not bad. I've been rocking a salad with hard boiled egg, garbanzo beans, walnuts, beets, feta and/or bacon and it is rad. Protein is my friend. Coffee is not my friend. While sometimes being more caffeinated seems to give me a bit of a boost at the beginning of class, by the end of class, I feel more dehydrated. Not cool. Going to try to cut back on the coffee. But overall, I'm really happy with how I'm doing. In the past, I've struggled a bit with leg cramps in the evenings after class, but that hasn't been an issue lately. Yay!

No comments: