Wednesday, May 14, 2008

still struggling with the fact that my bikram studio smells like feet

My mom's request for Mothers Day was a Bikram yoga class. No, I'm not kidding. So while all normal people were having brunch on Mothers Day, we were sweating and looking back, going back, way back. We went to a nice, new Bikram studio closer to where she lives. It seemed so clean compared to where I go normally and there was no smell of feet AT ALL. It was lovely.
Then last night I went to a class at my normal studio and it absolutely reeked. It was terrible. The room was so hot and humid which I think was due to the weather yesterday and the fact that it was the last class of the day. It was really foul. On top of the extreme heat and funky smell, my finger started bleeding. I chopped into my finger on Sunday when I was chopping an onion. I wore a bandaid Sunday night and Monday and I thought it was fine. Then randomly last night in the second or third pose, it started bleeding again. The sight of blood (even from a silly little cut) didn't exactly help me get all zen.
So basically last night was probably the most challenging class I've done besides my first ever Bikram yoga class. But I wore my cute Prana tank and shorts that I bought on sale from rei.com so that was good!

No comments: