Sunday, January 10, 2010

kinda sorta threw my own personal tantrum at class today

I am not proud of Class 11. As you may have read in my earlier
entries, a certain teacher's classes have been running late. I know
that if I were an evolved yogi, I would be thankful for extra time in
postures or extra words of wisdom that make class run long... but I'm
still a baby yogi! I WANT MY CLASS TO END ON TIME and if it doesn't,
I get super antsy and I want to cry and whine. I have asked the
teacher in question how to handle my extreme angst at class running
long. He said that I am welcome to leave when the 90 minutes are up.
That's what I did today. I made eye contact with him and whispered
that I needed to leave. I did need to leave. I needed to go get a
falafel, I needed to get on with my life. I could only give 90
minutes to yoga today. In the future, maybe I'll be open to doing a
longer, more free form class with this instructor but for now, it
doesn't work for me. Luckily I have lots of other teachers to choose
from at my studio and the other studio in town so I can pick and
choose classes that don't make me so angst-filled!

In other news, there was someone named Francois in my class. This is
funny if you, like me, saw Youth in Revolt this weekend.

No comments: