Friday, April 10, 2009

Day 9

Day 9, Class 9

Class tonight felt like anarchy! People were leaving the room, drinking water when they shouldn't be, sitting on their mats during postures instead of lying in savasana, etc. There were 7 new people and the instructor didn't do a good job of keeping the class orderly. One of the new people left the room and came back in four times! This kind of thing is generally not tolerated AT ALL at the studio I go to. It was a fairly crowded room and all of the new people were clumped in the middle. It would have been better if they had been spread throughout the room because then they could have seen people who know how to behave in class and know how to do the postures. Ok, end rant. I guess I'm just realizing how in Bikram yoga, the instructor is really a coach who is getting people in and out of the postures and through the class and when they fail to do that, it really sucks. Yes, teachers have "the dialogue" but there's so much more to a good instructor and a good class.

Ok, end boring rant about teachers. I realize the paragraph above makes me sound like a boring old fuddy duddy and yes, on some level, I am, but it's also that I've been at yoga every day lately so I am seeing the variation between classes/instructors.

Almost 1/3 of the way through - WOO HOO! Things are going pretty well. Thinking about rewarding myself with a new Lululemon tank this weekend. Also put the Rawsome book on hold at the library. I read about on Heidi's blog and it sounds interesting.

No comments: