Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Class 35 & 36 + Mary Jarvis wasn't kidding!

Did class 35 last night before knitting. I wasn't happy to be there. I wanted to be at knitting - I wanted my normal Monday night routine back! I just figured out that Monday night knitting has been in my life for almost 4 years. Even when I was working out with my running trainer, Mondays were an automatic day off because my trainer knew that I had knitting. Bikram101 doesn't believe in taking Mondays off for knitting. Definitely struggled with some mental stuff, but it was a nice hot class (vs. a terrible hot class which happens sometimes!) and one of my favorites was teaching so there were a few positive parts as well.

Tonight was another story. Class 36 felt like torture. It was mental torture though, not physical. My knee is still bugging me but just a little bit. It was my mind that would not cooperate tonight. I fidgeted, I laid down on my mat, I fidgeted while on my mat, I wanted to close my eyes... basically I just couldn't surrender to the yoga - I couldn't accept that I was going to be stuck in the room for 90 minutes. Famous yogi Mary Jarvis says that the second 30 days is for dealing with the mental stuff and I'm right in the thick of that apparently! Should be a fun couple of weeks :)

1 comment:

bikramyogachick said...

It's hard when that 90 minutes feels like torture. So hard.
Hope the next class is better!!