Friday, February 19, 2010

Class 46 + maybe I'm ready to get back to the real world...

Class 46 was crazy intense. It was hot hot hot. First timers were hating life - the teacher let one of them leave the room. Someone else was freaking out and the teacher left the room to grab a vitamin water for her. My own practice was filled with highs and lows. The uber-heat made me feel more flexible than usual and I feel like I'm finally seeing some improvement in some postures - half moon backwards, balancing stick, final stretching.
From a physical perspective, I like practicing daily, but the routine of a daily practice is killing me. @ilovesweat likes to joke that his life is bikram laundry tanning. Substitute work for tanning (and add in a splash of junk food) and that's pretty much my life right now. Compared to a lot of the hardcore Bikramites doing this challenge, I'm a baby yogi. I generally see Bikram yoga as something that helps me with the rest of my life, but right now the rest of my life seems to be shrinking away and it's bumming me out.
I miss my friends. I miss tv. I miss my craft projects. I miss trying to play chords on my guitar.
I love the yoga but unless I can get myself to 6am yoga regularly during the week, I'm not really seeing how I'm going to make it to 101! Evening classes suck up too much of my time!
So I guess the plan is to practice in the morning, bribe myself with some new yoga clothes from Lululemon and buy a case of Zico.

No comments: