Monday, February 22, 2010

Class 49 + maybe it was the class I needed to have

Wanted to get up and go to 6am yoga this morning, but I didn't sleep well last night so it just wasn't happening. Ended up at the class right after work which tends to be a clusterfuck these days. It came through in that department tonight. There were 50+ people there. As I laid down on my mat a few minutes before the start of class, the room felt strange. Oh yeah, that would be because the room wasn't actually hot. When the door opened as people came into the room, the breeze felt cold and not in a good way. I'm not sure if the teacher didn't notice that it was cold or if the heater isn't working well, but either way, by the end of class it was humid but never got to the kind of heat us Bikram yogis know and love. I was talking about it with some regulars after class. One woman pointed to the top of my head and mentioned how my hair was still dry! My bendyness was severely hampered by the cold. Even in camel, I didn't feel warmed up. I sat out some postures, I daydreamed, I anticipated postures and thought about life outside the room - I did all of the things you're not supposed to do! But physically it was an "easy" class because I just wasn't pushing and stressing and sweating it out. It wasn't a fun class either, but maybe it was the class I needed today.

No comments: