Saturday, February 20, 2010

Class 47 + thank goddess for organic chocolate milk

Last night as I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, my calves started cramping. It was painful like whoa. I went to the kitchen and due to the lack of coconut water, I grabbed some organic chocolate milk. It was quite yum and seemed to make the cramps go away. Fast forward to this morning... I slept in until 9:30 which is super late for me. I felt like crap when I woke up. I had little to no energy. I remembered sneezing at my desk at work yesterday. I started to wonder whether I'm getting sick, but I hauled my sorry ass out of bed anyway. Clearly it was too late to make it to 8am or 10am yoga and noon yoga was out due to a prior commitment so my only option was 5pm class...

And I would just like to state for the record that I f-ing hate Saturday 5pm yoga. It's depressing and tends to bring out the weirdos. The girl next to me kept making noises. At first I thought she sounded like she was going to throw up. Then it sounded like she was crying. Then it sounded like she was having an orgasm. She rounded out her performance by sounding like she was having an asthma attack. Awesome.

My own performance is class was nothing to brag about but I don't think it was super disruptive. I sat out some postures because I was oh so tired. Basically I was not a happy camper!

So yes, I continue to struggle with my practice. Or am I struggling with the mental aspects? I'm not sure. I will ponder that while I listen to the Cold War Kids, quilt, eat tortilla chips and drink chocolate milk.

No comments: