Saturday, February 13, 2010

Class 41 + getting acclimated

Did Class #41 this afternoon. It was more crowded than I thought it would be, but I managed to stake out a decent spot in the corner of the room. Had a lot on my mind and as per usual, my right knee started hating life in camel, so I chilled on my mat for a few minutes. Got some good thinking done in class. The room did seem pretty hot today - 3 or 4 people left the room during class. It's one of those unfortunate things where once 1 person leave, others tend to follow... but if no one leaves, then leaving doesn't seem like an option. However on days when I'm near the door, I'm ok with people leaving because it means breeze sweet breeze! I'm finding that even when the room is hot and other people around me are suffering, I'm doing better than I used to. I think that's what a daily practice will do for you. Even when class has felt tough, I feel like I get my energy back during the final breathing and I don't take a very long savasana at the end of class. I'VE GOT ENERGY! I think it's great to take a long final savasana when that feels like a good thing to do, but I don't believe in forcing myself to lie there when I'm feeling peppy! That's what happened tonight at class. Class wasn't easy, but I felt like hopping up and getting on with my day once the teacher left the room. I went in to the locker room and was surprised to see only a couple of people in there! I feel like my body (and mind to a certain degree) are definitely getting stronger :)

No comments: